Schrödinger's Bags - Yarn
Due to the complex quantum nature of these bags we can’t be sure of what we packed inside; so, just like the famous thought experiment, without opening them they have superposition of quantum states and can be thought to contain any and all of the yarn that we packed inside. Once they are bought and opened the quantum states collapse and the contents are determined. We like to think that this is a more humane experiment than putting a cat in a box (with radioactive matter).
These bags will vary in price by yarn collection and weight selected. Each bag is a huge discount off of retail! Options include the following:
- Audubon Unum Fingering: 114g (4 oz) / 434 yards of 100% Superwash Merino Wool Fingering Weight Single-Ply Yarn - 4 skeins - Retails at $100
- Audubon Sport: 114g (4 oz) / 385 yards of 100% Superwash Merino Sport Weight Yarn - 4 skeins - Retails at $100
- Audubon Worsted: 114g (4 oz) / 210 yards of 100% Superwash Merino Worsted Weight Yarn - 4 skeins - Retails at $100
- Franklin Fingering: 114g (4 oz) / 496 yards of 80% Superwash Merino Wool / 10% Cashmere / 10% Nylon Fingering Weight Yarn - 4 skeins - Retails at $160
- Hopper DK: 114g (4 oz) / 330 yards of 70% Merino Wool / 15% Yak / 15% Silk Fingering Weight Yarn - 4 skeins - Retails at $160
- Hopper Fingering: 100g (3.5 oz) / 398 yards of 60% Superwash Merino Wool / 20% Yak / 20% Silk Fingering Weight Yarn - 4 skeins - Retails at $160
- Newton Worsted: 110g (8.8 oz) / 550 yards of 60% Merino / 40% Cultivated Silk Worsted Weight Yarn - 2 skeins - Retails at $130
Finished items created from yarn in these bags are recommended hand wash only. Some of the collections are not Superwash and can not tolerate agitation while wet without felting. The Fiberists recommend all projects be hand washed to ensure longevity.
All weights and measures are approximate.
All yarns from The Fiberists are shipped as skeins. We regret that we are unable to provide this yarn as a ball due to the quantum nature of this product.